Mungar State School
PBS was successful in tendering 4 schools as part of the BER rollout for the C2 area of Wide Bay Burnett Region under Construction Management of Baulderstone QLD Pty Ltd. All schools were given tight programs and PBS was able to deliver all on time and in budget. PBS had to work within constraints of a working school environment and to maintain safety for all students,staff and parents on a daily basis.
The project consisted of a covered learning area of 275m2.Purpose of Space:
- A roofed area used for a range of activities including:
- Small group and individual participation in a variety of activities such as:
- Art and Craft
- Technology Project Construction
- Reading and writing
- Shared learning
- Recording and presentation
- Story telling
- Small group musicals
- Leisure time
- Learning assistance
Special Features in Design:
- Roofed area to give good weather protection, capture prevailing breezes, roof structure to eliminate birds roosting
- Screen wall on one side to provide a sense of enclosure and weather protection.
- Capable of enclosure in future by school
- Connection by covered link, provide turfed and landscaped spill out areas adjacent
- Attention to be given to non glare roof colour if angle is likely to cause reflected glare
- Avoid location of support columns in pedestrian traffic areas.
- Storage Shed.